Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Mending Whimsically

Just a small update of what I've been up to lately; Mending! This is a very easy technique I sort of based off something from the book Mend It Better by Kristin M. Roach ( Find it here on Amazon ). I don't think I did it like the book shows, but it worked well. All I needed was for it reinforce some minor holes that resulted from pulls in the knit fabrics. I used six strand embroidery thread separated into either three or two strand bundles depending on the size of areas I needed to cover.

This shirt was the first one I did, botched it, did another one and then started this version. I forgot to take a finished picture. Oh well, it shows the process.
This one was just a small hole by the hood this shirt. You can't tell by the picture but the heart is a very pale
green.


I'm not telling you what this is. You can probably guess though.

This is my Kingdom Hearts 358/2 shirt so I decided to make my mending paopu fruit which shows up in a tree on the shirt. This was my favorite one.

No comments:

Post a Comment