Tuesday, January 1, 2013

2013, What Led Up to It, and My New Baby

Happy New Year!

Before anyone freaks out on me, the last part of title refers to this:


Behold! My new Wacom Bamboo Create Tablet!

I seriously have the best mother-in-law ever! I had no idea that anyone would buy this for me since its so expensive but she totally did! It's my Christmas and birthday present but I couldn't be happier. I can finally work around the scanner issues we've had around here. I've been sketching like a maniac. I'll put some of my work up later.

The end of 2012 was a frantic one for me. Every year I keep telling myself that I'm going to work on Christmas presents throughout the year to spread out the cost and keep myself sane. I almost managed it but then I gave into Peer-Pressure: Mother Edition and waited until she was ready to throw in her half of the Christmas fund. That was December 1st. I really need to remember that I must function as if she's not there when it comes to finances. Silly me.

Anyway, here are a few of the things I made for family members:

Two Humpback whales, pattern courtesy of Valaan Villapaita (go here ), a baby sock piggy
and a baby sock person.


                           
This is a Platypurse. It was such a breakthrough for me when it comes to sewing because I've never made anything lined before.




This the adorable little cephalopod is for my cousin's youngest daughter. I need to make on for her oldest since I caused a bit of jealousy. Whoops.

This is just a small sample. I also made little fleece pillows for another cousin, red jersey/black lace scarf for another cousin, non-lethal throwing stars for two of my male cousins and a set of Peanut Butter and Jelly Fleece Pillows for yet another cousin and his wife. I was a bit of a sewing fiend.

When I wasn't sewing, I went shopping with my cousin. We both found a bra we were interested in but didn't buy, and it turned out to be the same one. Almost...

Mine is on left, hers on the right.

We left that store in hysterical giggles because mine was twice the size of hers. Honestly I didn't think there was that big a difference between us. I still chuckle about it.

Next post will be that all-expected 2013 Resolutions. Lets hope I can actually make them happen this year!






No comments:

Post a Comment