Hello Internet Peeps!
As I said in the previous post, I've been working on my goals for 2013. The list went from sane to impossible before I knew what hit me. I'll be doing a lot of trimming but I figure I'll share it anyway with some comments/snide remarks about how some of the goals have been progressing.
- Read the Bible in a year ( This one has been off to a rocky start. My mother has been sick so she has been sleeping in the living room, where I usually do my quiet time. It's really hard for quiet time to be quiet when my mom feels talkative).
- Memorize two verse a month (gotta be honest, I forgot about this one until just now, as I type this!)
- Pray the Spiritual Discipline Prayer as often as possible (once a day)
- Pray for my LIFE group, one couple/person per day
- Pray for my husband and a selected family member every day
- Start a small project each month (in no particular order)
~ Continue Sprouting
~ Begin a Sourdough Starter
~ Lactofermenation (probably cabbage)
~ Crockpot yogurt making
~ Grain/nut/legume soaking
~ Indoor herb/microgreen growing
~ Sock knitting
~ Composting (find a bin regardless of garden status)
~ Sewing functional clothing (only made cosplay costumes thus far)
~ Tincture brewing (for lack of a better term)
~ Kombucha brewing
~ Kefir making (both milk and water)
Bonus: Make a 5 gallon or bigger bucket washing machine
- Fully Research these subjects:
~ Raising Chickens (layers and meat birds)
~ Raising Goats (Read the Storey Guide so far. It was a little intimidating)
~ Raising Sheep, Llama or Alpacas
~ Raising Dairy Cows ( I REALLY want a mini Jersey!)
~ Gray water safety and how to used a backyard wetland to filter it for garden use
Real Food Goals:
- Cut White/Brown Sugar, High Fructose Corn Syrup, and artificial sweetners from at least my diet, preferably everyone's diet, by June.
- Source a hand-crank grain mill
- Source grass-fed beef, pastured chicken and pastured eggs and price them by January 31st
- Try out a few farmers markets and road side stands in season
- Determine if the local year-around market is worth the drive into down town
- Avoid soy products that have not been properly handled (so pretty much all of it that's in a store, including in packaged food, some of the worst offenders)
- Work meal plans so weekend meals are covered by March
- Make bone broth at least once a month (source the best chicken possible at this time)
- Try liver by June (Just me for now, though my husband eating it too would be nice)
- Stop taking that darn birth control pill by March, for the sake of my continuing health ( it has not treated me well, and research indicates they are rather terrible for fertility and the chance of getting certain cancers)
- Try to lose a much weight as possible January through March. If nothing seems to be happening, speak with my practitioner about this issue.
- Get back into some basic hygiene habits (college reeked havoc on my teeth-brushing habit!)
- Start using herbal tinctures as supplements by June
- Pay off the remaining medical debts so the check ups are possible.
- Eliminate soda for life by June-July
- Keep a weight loss journal through March
~ Draw every day
~ Set up a monthly schedule with one male drawing and one perspective drawing per week
~ Finish Planning stages of Lark Song by May
~ Start Script for Lark Song May- December
~ Work out layouts along side script
~ Set up Kickstarter by December
~ Revamp Fluttershy by March 15th
~ Make a concrete plan for future cosplay by March 30th
~ Improve prop construction for JAFAX 2013
~ Along side the cosplay plan, make a "parts of costume and materials" list
~ Learn shoe covering
~ Pare down list of stories to ones I actually care about
~ Finish Eva outline by June
~ Finish Eva writing by December
- Sewing and knitting
~ Sew two projects a month
~ Finish the baby blanket by December
- Reduce my person possessions by half by June
- Assess my "save for kids" items and save only what I really want for them
- Read through book collection and give away the ones I don't want to keep.
- Make paper crane chains and branch so the bin can be used for storage
- Separate clothes into Keep, Donate, Repair/ Repurpose, and Rag Bag categories
Weight Loss Goal:
- Lose 1-2 pounds a week to get as close to 170 pounds by December, unless pregnancy occurs.
So yeah, that's clearly a crap ton of goals. I'm sure many will not be attainable this year, but I will do the best I can and roll over the good ones that I don't finish for 2014. What kind of goals do you have?
On a less list-heavy note, here's a part of the first full piece I've done with my new Wacom Bamboo Create tablet.
|Best picture of Lithium I've done yet!|