Thursday, March 15, 2012

Shuto Con Ears and Corned Beef

One day before Shuto Con and I haven't done a thing for my semi-costume, a set of ears based on my original character, Lithium Shadow (though she does have other names when she shows in up fanfiction). Here's an in-progress shot of a print for JAFAX featuring Lith in her Zombie Wambat Hunter shirt (that I hope to make and sell some day).

Fear the adorable ears! Fear them!
At the moment though, I am making other Shuto Con preparations and babysitting nearly ten pounds of boiling corned beef. We are doing St. Patrick's Day stuff a little early since the con is taking up the actual holiday. But seriously, nearly ten pounds of the stuff. It was all I could do to get the darn briskets into the already over-sized Dutch oven (laugh all you want, its a legitimate cooking device).

On a happy note, spring doesn't seem to be as epic a procrastinator as I am. The birds are going nuts out there and its a welcome racket if you ask me. Hopefully they aren't singing in vain and we're done with the snow.

Hopefully I'll be able to post pictures of the Lithium ears when they are done. I hope to cosplay as her someday but I am a little nervous about painting myself gray and white!

No comments:

Post a Comment